SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the process of getting your web site ranked in the search engines. SEO is not difficult as some people would like you to believe.
Now this may be because they are in the same market and do not want you to compete with them, or they are an SEO firm and they are looking to have you pay them for this information.
Top 10 SEO Tips – Tricks – Secrets
Here are my Top 10 SEO Tips you can use to help get your Web Site more exposure in the Search Engines.
- Keyword Research : Keyword Research is the first and probably most important job in process of search engine optimization.
- Keyword in Domain name : Lets take, our main targetted keyword is “Dog Training Dallas”, than if our domain name contains our main targeted keyword “Dog Training Dallas”, like www.DogTrainingDallas.com then it will rank higher in search engines.
- Keyword in Title : If the main keywords are targeted in Title of the page, the chances for ranking higher in search engines increases. The “Title Tag” is in the source code below the <html> and above the <body> tags.
- Keyword in Description : If our targeted keywords are in description of the page, again the chances of ranking the website in search engine increases.
- Keyword in page file names : If the page file name contains the keyword of our website, it gives greater weight in ranking in search engines
- Alt Image Tags : All images should be optimized well, with adding alt image tags as search engine robots cannot read, they read the alt tag for the image. It will help to target your keywords in describing the image to robots. So use your keywords in the Alt Image tags.
- Link Popularity : Link popularity is one of the important factor in ranking the websites higher in search engines. Link popularity can be defined as total number of incoming links to website to particular page or to the main domain. Bets are one way quality incoming links from relevant sites
- Anchor Text Optimization : Use the same keywords as anchor text to link to the page from different pages on your site. This is especially useful if your site contains many pages. The more keywords that link to a specific page the better.
- Fresh Content : Robots love fresh content, so you want to update your website frequently with fresh relevant content. This will attract the search spiders and help you more in SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
- Web Directory and Article directory submissions : Try to increase one way links by directory submissions and article submission. Over time this will help you to grow inbound one way links and ultimately help your web site achieve higher rankings in the search engines.
As I said SEO is not Rocket Science, it is matter of applying a few simple basic techniques to your site, consistantly and you will see the results.